Coffee for people, people for coffee
MORE THAN 50 SUSTAINABLE PROJECTS
IN 16 PRODUCING COUNTRIES IMPROVING
THE ENVIRONMENT AND LIVES OF MANY
- The Efico Foundation raises awareness of the importance for sustainable development in the coffee and cocoa sector.
- All our projects are selected according to stringent criteria and on the basis of the three pillars of sustainability: People, Planet, Profit.
- We carefully select those with whom we work forging reliable, long - term partnerships that improve effectivity and add value to our projects.
- Our multi - stakeholder projects include local participants to guarantee a better and more efficient implementation.
- Through our support, coffee producers improve their production techniques, while roasters can sell and consumers can buy a high - quality, sustainable product.
- Finance is generated from various sources, which guarantees the continuity of the Foundation’s projects and the addition of new ones.
- The Efico Foundation label indicates that the product supports sustainable projects in producing countries.
- Effective communication and close cooperation with all the stakeholders are keys to the success of all our projects.
- The Efico Foundation is independent, apolitical, philosophical and ideologically neutral.
- A jury of independent experts within the King Baudouin Foundation selects all new projects according to pre - established criteria for sustainability.
- Together with the jury, we carefully choose partners who share our values and those outlined in the UN Global Compact.
- All the NGOs and partners with whom we work closely in the field are highly skilled and bring an expertise that is invaluable to the success of each project.
- Our team, together with our partners, thoroughly analyzes and reports on the results of each project.
- Our projects last for an average of three years, which enables us to establish activities, monitor their implementation and obtain tangible results.
- Since its creation, jury members have noticed an increase in the number and quality of the projects submitted for approval.
- Every new project creates a leverage effect of sustainable development for a community and a whole rural region.
- All financing gathered by the Efico Foundation is 100% invested in projects in coffee and cocoa producing countries.
- All operational costs of the Efico Foundation are paid by the Efico Group.
- The Efico Fund, managed by the King Baudouin Foundation (KBF), gathers money from several sources of revenue (institutions, donations, coffee roasters, sales of Efico Foundation labelled coffee) to allocate to projects.
- The King Baudouin Foundation manages the administrative follow - up of the Efico Foundation projects according to the KBF’s instructions.
- We believe in total transparency, which is why all our activities can be viewed on the Efico Foundation website
- All projects prepare a report on the project’s development and activities.
- External evaluators can be called in to complete a project evaluation on the ground and report back to the Efico Fund.
- There is no obligation between the beneficiaries of the Efico Foundation and Efico.